Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mysql UPgrade


Commonly we are using the following steps to upgrade mysql

1. Backup /etc/my.cnf, /root/.my.cnf ,/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf,libmysqlclient.so module,php.ini file,/va/lib/mysql

2. Edit the file /var/cpanel/cpanel.config then change mysql version to 5.1

3. /scripts/mysqlup

4. /scripts/easyapache

5. /scripts/makecpphp

When we considering the minor upgrades i.e from 5.0 to 5.1 we don't want to recompile php in all time . Hereby I am enclosing the steps I have followed to upgrade mysql from 5.0 to 5.1

1. Backed up /etc/my.cnf, /root/.my.cnf , /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf, libmysqlclient.so module, php.ini file , /va/lib/mysql

2. Created a data base and connected it using a php script. Here is the details of the php script
";

while (list($table) = mysql_fetch_array($tables)) {

echo "";

}

echo "";
?>

check if it is working fine before and after upgrade. If it is failed to work after upgrade then we need to compile php, otherwise no need to compile php. Here the script is working fine for me and I didn't run php compilation.

3. Edit the file /var/cpanel/cpanel.config then change mysql version to 5.1

4. /scripts/mysqlup --force

5. /scripts/makecpphp

No comments:

Post a Comment